ekinox/ARES Index du Forum

ekinox/ARES Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Another Capo Question

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ekinox/ARES Index du Forum -> Viens jouer avec nous ;) -> Recrutement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Rayancaleb

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 6 Oct - 14:49 (2017)    Sujet du message: Another Capo Question Répondre en citant

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
I've always considered the capo as a tool to make changing keys, mainly for the singer, easier. It allows one to play the same open chords, but at a different pitch. I get all that. I'm learning a song by Tommy Emmanuel called "Lewis and Clark". It's a finger-style song, solo guitar and no vocals. In every video I've seen of him playing the song, including his lesson video, he's using a capo to bump up one step. That's the way I've learned the song, so I can play along with the video. If I'm playing it without the video, I don't use the capo, and just play it a step lower. I have no idea why he would use a capo in this case. The only reason I can come up with is that the capo puts your left hand in a position where the frets are a little closer together. Admittedly, for this song, that's a good thing. But this is Tommy Emmanuel, an amazing guitarist, so I doubt that's his reason. Any ideas on why he would use a capo for this song?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.guitarforums.com/showthread.php?t=46371

Demonstration Videos

Copied to clipboard!

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 11:37 (2017)    Sujet du message: Another Capo Question

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ekinox/ARES Index du Forum -> Viens jouer avec nous ;) -> Recrutement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange